Family Picture 2010

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting Started

Welcome to our family's blog!  I have to admit, I've wanted to create one of these for a while now... but felt I never really had anything worth saying that would make people read it. But since we have family all over ... this is a perfect way to keep in touch and create a virtual diary of our family's many adventures.  I always tell myself that someday I'll create a journal of all the funny things my kids say and give it to them when they are older.  This will be one easy way to accomplish this! 

Let's start by introducing you to my family.....
Shawn and I were married in October 2005.  Anyone who attended our wedding would agree that it was the coldest day in October that year!
Ayden is our little man.  He was born in December 2007 and changed our world upside down.  Welcome to parenthood!  Best way to describe Ayden is ... curious, adventurous, and a huge ball of energy!  He has an extreme love for trains and cars... such a typical little boy!  He definitely keeps us on our toes!
Madison is our little girl.  I couldn't be happier that we have both a boy and a girl.  She was born in March of 2010.  A little early... but still perfect!  She is now 10 months old and her personality is growing every day!  She loves to laugh ... and making others laugh as well.  And although she is a complete mommy's girl... her favorite word to say is "dadda".
I chose the family photo i inserted in this blog because it shows our families personality to a tee.  It's not a picture I put on facebook or even one I shared with many because it's not "perfect".  But in a posting of getting to know us, it's absolutely perfect! Shawn and I are smiling from ear to ear... proud of our two little monsters... Madison has a look of ... "these two have NO idea..." and Ayden is jumping for joy in the background.  Kind of sums life up some days for us! 

If you know me... you know I am a picture FREAK!  But, if you talk to my parents and extended family... they'd tell you they are glad i am that way because it allows them to keep up with our rapidly growing kids.  So advance notice... there will be many pictures in my blog posts.

This is a better picture of my little man.  It was my favorite of his 3 year old pictures we had done in December.  It is kind of sad how fast the past 3 years have gone by...  It still feels like yesterday that I was pregnant for the first time and anxiously awaiting for his arrival.  I love the age he is at right now because he has an incredible zest for life.  I hope he keeps that zest as he grows older.  He is so incredibly fascinated by everything around him.  His true love though falls with anything that has wheels.  Daily on the way to the sitter's house, he points out all of the bus's and says Hi to each of them.. and then Bye just as appropriately.  Always makes both Shawn and I smile. He is a huge fan of Thomas the Tank Engine... I think our family room some days is literally the island of Sodor...  It works well though if he keeps that love up, because his Grandpa Gaywont also has a love for trains.  Ayden is also a mini chatter box.  I have no idea where he got that trait from??? (insert eye roll).  He has some of the funniest things to say.  The best part is he rarely realizes how funny his comments are.  I'm hoping to share some of his funny stories in this blog.... 

  This is Madison from her 6 month pictures.  It's hard to believe she is now 10 months old!  Boy time flies.... She is currently working on standing and someday walking.  Right now, she is able to stand up by herself... but after about 30 seconds of us clapping and telling her great job, she is bored and sits down and crawls off.  I suppose I cannot blame her.  Right now, crawling is her fastest way to get around.  She is the little comedian of our house.  She loves to shake her head back and forth and giggle... which in turn makes us giggle right along with her.  She loves to follow her big brother around... in fact, any toy of Ayden's is a new favorite of Madison's.  I can already tell that these two will have many adventures together in life. Hopefully they turn out to be great friends.  But doesn't every mom wish that for their kids? 


Right now it is January in Wisconsin.... and it is a COLD one.  Today i believe with the windchill we were are -9 degrees.  Brrrr!  We've had a few snow storms so far this year... which made Ayden very happy!  He loves to go out and help us shovel.  In fact, the last time we had a "storm"... he went out with Shawn to snowblow and he stood in the entry way of the garage and just cried till Shawn turned the snowblower off.  He told him he needs to put the snowblower away and shovel.  I just have to chuckle at this.  How can you say no to that? Exercise and quality bonding with your son? Yes please!  I too have had my share of shoveling with Ayden.  And honestly, he is a good shoveler pending that he does just that... cause he is also a great snow hill creator... I'm sure you can grab the picture i'm trying to imply.  Our most recent snow fall was perfect because the weather was decent temperature wise for us to ALL go outside and have some snow fun.  This was nice because it was the first time Madison got to play with the "white stuff".  She seemed to enjoy herself.... even did a mini face plant into the snow ... and no tears!  That's my girl!
Madison's first time playing in the snow!


Our little shoveler!
Me and the Kiddos

Well I hope this year is is finding you and your family in good spirits!  Hope to keep this blog updated as much as possible!  Thanks for reading and sharing a part of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment