Monday I found out that I had one a drawing that I signed up for on Earth Day. I won an Ecoloblue Atmospheric Water Generator. I'm sure your wondering what that is? It's a device that takes humidity out of the air and puts it through a 12 point filter system to produce 99.9% pure water. It can produce hot or cold water and makes up to 8 gallons a day! Pretty cool huh? I am over the moon excited! One of our family goals this year was to become a more "green" family. This is definitely a step in the right direction! It should be arriving at our doorstep on Wednesday! I can't wait to set it up!
For those of you who knew about my most recent doctor appointments... I received my test results back this week and they came back negative for lupus (part of the ongoing search to find out what causes my hives) They did say IF I do in fact have it.. it's possible I could still get a negative test result. They now have referred me to a Rheumatologist who also specializes in internal medicine. They said it's possible that I may have the start of Rheumatoid Arthritis. (which wouldn't surprise me seeing as it seems to be very common in my family genes....And shortly after college when I had issues with my knee, they confirmed I have a ton of arthritis in my knees...) Bottom line, patients with Lupus or R.A both exhibit hives that behave almost identical to what I experience along with sun sensitivity. I will find out more May 13th. I am beyond frustrated at this point with these hives and being thrown from doctor to doctor... that I really hope they find something....
On a different note... I went to the Howard Rummage sales on Friday and Saturday and found lots of fun things. One of them being Madison's Halloween outfit for this year! She's going to be a cute little pink butterfly! She insisted on trying it on when I brought it in from the car. She was still in her fuzzy footy pj's since it was chilly on Saturday and had already convinced Shawn that wearing her shoes over her footy pj's was fashionable. Check out my fashion Diva! Since the costume was way to big for her now, she was able to wear the top as a dress! There are striped fuzzy pants that go with it too. I love that they make costumes that are warm since it's almost always chilly the day of Trick or Treat! Isn't she too cute?! I was also able to get a little tikes toy box for the kids outside toys at a great price. I was SUPER excited about that! Ayden and Shawn already started putting the outside toys in it! Now Mother Nature has to deliver great weather and we'll be all set!
I was also able to grab some awesome kids books while I was in Howard. LOVE IT! We usually keep the "nice" books (AKA the paper paged books) upstairs in each of the kids bedrooms for bedtime stories and the board books stay downstairs. But where I was able to get a ton of new books and Ayden is at the age where he is wonderful with books, it made sense to now keep a larger selection downstairs too. We took out my Usborne book shelf at loaded it up!
Friday night Ayden and I had a game night. We played Hi-Ho Cherry-O. He LOVED it! And I LOVED that he's practicing counting and colors while having fun! Ayden of course won every game. And for the record, I was not purposely letting him win. He is JUST that GOOD! :-)
Today was probably by far Ayden's favorite day of the week. Nana and Grandpa Gaywont took us to the Train Expo at Shopko Hall this afternoon after we got home from Church. It's an understatement to say that Ayden was over the moon excited about this. His eyes lit up as he walked around and looked at all the displays that were there. Grandpa had taken him to the train expo when he just shy of 1 and a half and it was fun to see the difference in excitement. Since Ayden LOVES Thomas and all things that move, this was the perfect place to take him. He was very disappointed when we let him know it was time to go. He could have stayed and watched the trains whiz by for hours! Below are some pictures!
| The kids together... of course there both not looking at the camera and smiling.. that would be too easy! |
| Looking at one of the MANY displays with Grandpa |
| Sneaking under the rope for a close up with Nana |
| Some is sure having a good time! |
| Hugs for Nana! |
| Madison and Grandpa... neither one of them looking at the camera of course! |
| Thanks Dad! I can see better up here! |
| Watching one of the train displays! |
| Having a GREAT time! |
| Smiling like a good boy... but secretly, he's still watching the trains! Love it! |
| The Lego Display |
| Locomotive in action! |
| It's impressive the details put into these. The house on fire was smoking! |
| And you can't have a Train Expo without Thomas stuff...! |
| We had fun watching the orange train whiz around this track! |
| The smile of a boy who had a GREAT time! |
We hope everyone had a great week! We sure did! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment