Family Picture 2010

Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 Week Catch Up

Happy Sunday!  With last Sunday being Father's Day ... we got a little behind!  Lots of catching up to do and of course, lots of pictures to share!



A couple weeks ago Madison had her friend Isabella over for a play date.  Isabella's mom and I work together and both enjoy scrapbooking. We both ended up having little girls in 2010 almost exactly 3 months apart.  With that being said, you can only imagine the amount of flashes and snaps of pictures that took place.  Two avid scrapbooking moms? Of course! Always have to have the perfect pictures to make a layout in their scrapbooks!! Good thing, both girls are used to it! It will so much fun to watch these two grow up together.  Hopefully they become good friends like their mom's are! :-)  






Last weekend, Shawn got together with some friends for some overdue "computer gaming" time.  So it was me and the kids all day.  Thankfully the weather held out and it was a gorgeous day out!  We sincerely had a wonderful day together playing in the backyard.  I was sort of sad when I put them to bed!  I love days like that!  Below are some pictures!
Ayden on his BIG WHEEL Bike!

Madison on her Toddler Bike!

BUBBLES!

Madison being silly!

My two love bugs!

Ayden showing off his "muscles"

Madison making her silly face!
Since I last wrote, I did go into the doctor office to have my toe looked at -- they ended up doing a biopsy to be safe which meant a minor "procedure" and me loosing most of my toenail.  Better safe than sorry though!  Thankfully the results came back as benign. The found another one on my other foot and are going to assume it is the same situation at this point unless it changes shape or size.

My Tiger Lilly's are in full bloom in the backyard - had to share a picture.  I love having beautiful colors in the backyard!  The seeds that Ayden I planted in the spring are also getting large.  Yesterday, we made fresh pesto out of the basil plants.  YUMM!  Nothing better than fresh herbs from your garden!








My water machine I won a while back is finally up and running!  It was a long road to get a machine shipped to me that wasn't cracked or not working properly.  The finally got one to me that works and is making filter watered by pulling the humidity out of air as I type!  love it! The last part the company had to mail me before we set it up came this week in a small box full of packing peanuts... being an "green" company, the peanuts were the ones that dissolve in water.  So the kids and I took the opportunity to do a quick science experiment in the morning.  We made packing peanut necklaces and snowmen.. it was a good time!!







Yesterday we had a PACKED filled day!  We started out going to the Wildlife Sanctuary.  Definitely one my personal favorite places to visit.  It is just breathtaking looking at the scenery there. Brings back memories too from 8th grade when our class took a weekend field-trip up to Green Bay to visit the Wildlife Sanctuary.  As much as I may complain at times about living in Green Bay -- the Wildlife Sanctuary is one place that makes it worth it sometimes!  Below are some pictures!
Me and the Kiddos!

Feeding the geese!

Gazing at the Geese!

Madison made a few friends....

Would have been an AWESOME picture if Madison wasn't crying... opps!

Simply Beautiful!

My handsome Dude!

Walking back to the bridge

showing daddy the cool rocks!

Bird Watching!

Smiling like crazy on daddy's shoulders!
After the Wildlife Sanctuary, we took Ayden to see his first movie at the theater!  He had a great time!  Then home for a much needed nap!  Last night we then took the kids to Uncle Sam Firework's Store to see a wonderful fireworks show!  Every year they do a demo at the store.  We are friends with the owner's son ... so we always try to make it when we can.  This year it was their 35th anniversary so they went all out.  They had a pre-show with a guy who would breath fire, juggle torches & Rings, etc.  Even Uncle Sam himself was there!  We also had a nice surprise when we sat down and found out several people from our church were there as well!  In fact one of them was involved with the company they had hired to do the pryo-tec work for the finally.  Almost like having back stage passes! 

All day we talked about going to the firework show... Ayden could not have been more excited.  About 8pm when we left, Madison was very sleepy and Ayden was wide awake.  When we arrived, Ayden was asleep and Madison was wide awake.  Once the show started, Ayden was wide awake and Madison was asleep!  Talk about taking turns! :-)  Here are some pictures!
asleep until the show started!

Wide awake!

Pre-Show Entertainment!
Pre-Show Entertainment!

He had a spinny top he came to show Madison.. she wasn't sure what to make of it when he put it on her stroller!

Asleep shortly after the show started...

Lantern Firework ... these are the ones they talk about in the movie Tangled

Ground Firework thing....

Pretty!

I think this one was called Explosion something...

Love Fireworks!

Awesome!

Love them!

Here are some more....

Part of the finally .... it was a full sky of lights!

I love fireworks!
This week we worked to make the basement into a kids playroom.  The kids AND I could not be more excited.  I now have a place where I can scrapbook ... and the kids have a place filled with their toys... DVD/TV, and art center all in one place. Not sure why we didn't do this sooner?  Now we just need to put up a few more shelves, paint, and get a fun colorful kids area rug and we are set!  Pictures to come!

Hope you had a great few weeks!  We sure did!

No comments:

Post a Comment