The weather was fairly cool during the week which was nice for the kids. They love playing outside on the swingset -- so we took full advantage when we could. This weekend of course the heat is back....
Hard to believe that we are quickly approaching near the end of July! In a little over a month, Ayden will be starting school!! Today we went to get his school supplies. He had fun picking out markers, crayons, and paints. His favorite purchase being his Cars 2 lunch box. We got home and he asked if he could practice eating a school lunch. So I entertained his request and made him a Mickey Mouse PBJ sandwich, goldfish crackers, string cheese, and of course a pudding snack. He was so excited!
This week I started physical therapy on the back of my left leg. At work, we have physical therpaist onsite as part of benefits. I must of pulled a muscle on the back part of my knee somehow (she gave the muscle a name, but of course I cannot remember it now...starts with a P..). So 3 times a week for now I get to go have a heat ultrasound one it, and a wonderful leg massage... I mean therapy. I had to chuckle at the therapist as she doesn't understand my humor sometimes. She was massaging my leg when I said, "isn't it a shame I didn't injure a muscle in my neck and shoulders?" I found the humor in that... she sort of brushed it off. Now that I have a week into therapy, I can already notice a difference!
I have to share a funny story or fact I found out while at phsycial therapy this week --- she was telling me about how her two boys wanted a gerbil. Turns out there are "breeders" of gerbils in the Green Bay Area. You read that right ... gerbil breeders. I have never heard of such a thing. She said they are very serious about their gerbils too... take them out to play 2-3 hours a day and everything. They take their gerbils to gerbil shows similar to dog shows. Seems a little over the top to me, but everyone has to have a hobby!
![]() |
| Madison and the Little Mermaid |
Madison found out she loves barbie dolls this week. On Friday when I dropped her off at Annie's house she saw another little girl's Little Mermaid barbie with the brilliant red hair and was simply in love. It was just priceless the expression of awe she had on her face..... so on my lunch hour Friday I went to Target and got her a little mermaid barbie of her own. I know.. I know... she's spoiled. But I figured Ayden has earned so many little presents over the past months between potty training and just good behavior in general. It was definitely Madison's turn for a treat.
Ayden saw me trying to get a picture of Madison with her Barbie and insisted he have his picture taken too ... check our handsome preschooler!
| Ready for Preschool in the Fall! |
Last night we had our friend Nick and his girlfriend Lucy over. They live in San Francisco and were in town visiting family. We don't get to see them often, so it was nice to visit! Both kids were little hams though and fell in love with Lucy's bracelets. They both took turns taking them off of her arm and putting them on theirs. We had some good laughs over the googly eyed looks Ayden would give her. He is going to be a little lady charmer some day!
That was our week in a nutshell! Hope everyone else had a great week -- today it's super hot out so we are thankful for our air condition and are enjoying some indoor fun. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment