Family Picture 2010

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring Is Here 2012

Spring is finally here!  The kids could not be more excited!  This means playing outside, going for walks, riding bikes, playing on the swing set, and the sandbox!



Ayden is growing up so fast it seems these days.  It's hard to believe that in December when Santa brought his new bike that he could barely reach the pedals, leave alone get the bike moving on his own.  Now, he can not only pedal on his own, but he's you average speedster!  It will not be long before he asks us to remove the training wheels from his bike.  He grasped the concept of bike riding with everything he could.  He is DETERMINED!  A treat these days for Ayden is to go on a "long bike ride".  I am enjoying these moments... because I LOVE going for walks or runs.  Now I have a buddy to go with!

Madison is typical Madison ... a diva in a 2 year old body.  She just cracks me up every time she puts her hands on her hips and starts dancing around the room.  I think we have a future dancer on our hands!  At story time last week when it was time to sing a song she belted out at the top of her lungs the song "finger popping".  I think she's heard the song a total of 3 times.  Somehow she managed to memorize the words and created her own dance for it.  It was quite the entertainment for all the parents at story time.

Today, we took the kids to Shopko Hall for the YMCA's Healthy Kids Day.  They had bouncy houses, crafts, educational booth, wall climbing, jumping trampolines, and a bike & helmet safety area.  The first 500 kids received helmets fitted to their size head.  Both kids left with some cool helmets!  They even got to test drive them on a mini bike course they set up!  Ayden received a dinosaur helmet and Madison got a bumble bee one!

 
After all of the fun they had this morning, I'm thinking both kids will sleep GREAT tonight!  At least I know I will! :-)

This Wednesday I saw a orthopedic surgeon to have my shoulder looked at.  It's been 5 months of consistent pain and 3 months of physical therapy.  Enough is enough.  Time for answers and solutions.

In my appointment they took several x-rays of my shoulder as a starting point.  They found that the Acromion bone in my shoulder is a V shape vs a C shape as it should be.  This results in irritation against the tendons in my rotor cuff.  This may, or may not be the reason for my pain.  The pain I have been having is in my lower shoulder.  When I went in Wednesday, I was also having pain on my upper shoulder.  I think the doctor was focused on that pain vs the pain i truly was going in for.  He told me he would be giving me a cortisone shot in my shoulder in hopes that it relieves that irritation and ultimately rids me of my pain and the problem is solved.  He said he would rather that be our first step vs doing an MRI to see if there is something more going on, doing surgery, and then finding that was not the full answer.  I understand and appreciate that.  He gave me the cortisone shot in my shoulder... which by the way is NOT a pleasant thing to have done.  In fact, it's very nauseating. He told me that he predicts that I would feel better before I got to my car.  He was... in short... WRONG.  The pain on my lower shoulder never eased up at all.  The pain on my upper shoulder did slightly, and by the next morning, I was in extreme pain.  I could not move my shoulder if at all.  Shawn told me he even noticed that in my sleep that night, I was literally crying.  Turns out, I was having a reaction to the cortisone shot called a "cortisone flare".  Thankfully by today, the pain has lessened.  I am now back to the pain level I was at when I went in.  I have a feeling the cortisone shot is not going to help me.  I will give it until early next week before I call back to let him know the results.  How frustrating....

With my shoulder being useless to me lately and being incredibly busy at work, I've been running for exercise at night when I can. I forgot how much I enjoyed running.  I have not been able to do that since prior to having Ayden. I signed up for the Bellin Run in June!  PS - yes, I know, running is probably not the best thing for my shoulder either...

With that... I have a few more pictures of the kids to share:




Hope your enjoying Spring... in Green Bay, it is in FULL BLOOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment